Thursday, December 10, 2009

Many years ago - like very early 90's God gave me this definition of faith:


******Faith is perceiving what God is doing in the spirit realm and joining him there.

Does that mean that if you join him there (where ever that is at the moment) then you are on a mountaintop experience? Or that you are resting beside still waters.

I say not necessarily.

I think that often there is a path to getting to those places that is part of that faith walk but has a flavor all it's own. And it can be a bit messy and stinky and all kinds of stuff like that.

Larry and I seem to have found ourselves on such a path at this point as Father once again digs deep into some areas that we, if left to ourselves, would probably just cover up or walk away from.

In times past I would have despaired at finding myself in this place. But now I know that this part of the process is just as much walking by faith as anything else that is walking by faith. We must go this way to get to the resting place.

Interesting - I just had a sensation of the still waters being right along beside me. And with that comes the understanding that they are there for me to access at anytime - even during the hardest moments the place of rest is right there with me.

So the destination is not the resting place but freedom? Yes, I think that's it. It's freedom from some shackles that we're after. And along the way we at least have times of rest if we are not yet able to do this from the place of rest.
But evidentally the rest is always with us. The quiet pasture.


No comments:

Post a Comment