Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wow

Interesting week. And Larry and I are still asking ourselves what that was about.

September 1 Larry and I go to work as usual. Nothing's pressing. All is quiet. Then Larry gets a call from a man who, in what seems like a moments time - the time it takes to make a decision - but really it was a lifetime leading to this moment - finds himself immersed in God's judgement as God puts his finger on the anger and the fear and is pressing and pressing because He is ready to get to the root that is producing the fruit. Larry left town to spend the rest of the week with this man - just to be there so he would not be alone while God very sovereignly began this mans journey of healing and deliverance.

A chance remark from someone here - a remark that was encouraging actually - sent me into that place of knowing that I had a conflict of interest on my hands that had to be addressed. This was God in my life - God establishing me. Just when you think the details are just the details God steps in and says it's important. So I spent the night awake and the next morning had the necessary conversation with the right person and the resolution was much to my liking.

Larry's situation took longer but by week's end the man was begun on the journey up.

The weekend and we are with our granddaughters and they tell us out of the blue that they want to be baptised. So now that is in the works.

Sovereign God. Sometimes so inscrutable but accessible and understandable. Yes, I did say inscrutable and understandable in the same sentence.

We understand that there is something behind these circumstances that has to do with God's times and seasons and walking in agreement with that.

Here comes into play my definition of faith - Faith is perceiving what God is doing in the spirit realm and joining him there.

I think we did that. Also we understand that obedience releases God's hand. Maybe that's what brought about our granddaughter's desire to be baptised. It was really out of the blue. Thank you Father for all that you have done to reveal yourself to these two beautiful girls.

So - I don't know all that He is doing but I can certainly see the wind blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment