Saturday, September 12, 2009

This present moment

My circumstances are trying. The invitation to trust is still an active force in my life. I feel the pressure bearing down on me these last couple of weeks. So much to do - so much not being done because of circumstances. So challenging sometimes to settle down in to what is. I am not famous for patience.

So yesterday some time my mind, unbidden, started thinking thankful - and I attribute this turn of thoughts to a healthy spirit doing it's job, keeping my soul healthy and guiding me in righteousness.

Things I'm thankful for this morning (and every day even when I'm not thinking about it):
  • God, himself - He is life and breath to me and covers all.
  • Larry, my hubby - I love him and appreciate the good man that he is. He is my friend of friends.
  • My two kids - Beautiful each in their own way. Joy to my heart. I'm thankful that I've learned to allow them a journey that is different from mine.
  • My two granddaughters that I can see - their lives are precious to me and there is so much joy in watching them become teens and watching God in their lives.
  • Their mother - she has made a special relationship possible when so many other ex's would have shut the door to the grandparents.
  • My two granddaughters that I can't see - their lives are also precious to my heart and I have confidence that we will see them in some future time.
  • Their mother - because I know that she is faithful to them.
  • Thankful that in the kingdom of heaven the fractal that is family is an ever growing, ever changing lifeforce where we learn to love.
  • For the community of lifegivers that I am a part of. Real people who love God and each other in the midst of their real lives.
  • To be where I am - a place that lifes me.
  • For the rain outside my window this morning and for the hot summer sun of Texas most other days. For very short winters.
  • For all that I have and for having learned that no matter how much I might desire other or better this and that's, the items above are the ones that are most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment